The Western States Stroke Consortium (WSSC) was founded in the fall of 1998 based on the belief that:
We include interested practitioners of all specialties in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Oregon, Montana, Alaska, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, Washington and Wyoming, as well as members of the American Heart Association, the National Stroke Association, and HCFA.
- Many aspects of stroke care in our region could be improved,
- That there were many similarities of stroke care in this region including geographic, epidemiologic, etc.
- That the many different endeavors in stroke care improvement in the region could be enhanced if a collaborative approach was taken.
- For more information contact:
- Gene Y. Sung, M.D., M.P.H.
- President, Western States Stroke Consortium
- Director, Neurocritical Care and Stroke Division
- University of Southern California
- 1100 N. State St.
- Clinic Tower A4E111
- Los Angeles, CA 90033
- Tel: 323-409-7381 Fax: 323-441-8093
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org